dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] 2GB file limit workaround

From: André Dalle
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] 2GB file limit workaround
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:19:56 -0400

What I did myself, was to split my large files into smaller chunks.

I use GNU 'split' to split it into 50MB chunks, then I use parity
archives ('par' utility) to generate redundancy data for my split
volumes.

This way I can recover the large file even if data errors on the disc
prevent me from reading a few of the split volumes.

The par program also makes it easy to verify the integrity of all of the
split volumes with one command.

If they're all OK, I can just use gnu 'cat' to concatenate all the files
to disk.

I also include the md5sum of the large file so I can verify it is OK
after concatenating the small files.

What I can't do, is repair/recover bad volumes without copying all the
split volumes to disk first.