dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] cdread: Read-only file system

From: Larry Siden
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] cdread: Read-only file system
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:10:15 -0500

I have a DVD reader/writer on /dev/hdc.  When I enter the command
"cdread dev=/dev/hdc f=filename", it prints "readcd: Read-only file
system. Cannot open '/dev/hdc'. Cannot open SCSI driver."  Can someone
tell me what this means?  I am running cdread because I want to read
from the DVD, not write to it, so why should it care if /dev/hdc is
read-only?  In any case, /dev/hdc is a device, not a filesystem.

I am running Linux  2.6.10.  In grub.conf, the relevant kernel params
are "... hdc=ide-cd hdd=ide-cd".

cdrecord -scandisk only shows devices attached to my actual SCSI card,
not devices emulating SCSI, as it used to when I had the old
"cdrecord" package.

Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong?

--
Larry Siden
http://umich.edu/~lsiden/

--