dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] cdread: Read-only file system

From: Larry Siden
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] cdread: Read-only file system
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:40:45 -0500

I tried exactly what you suggested: "dd if=/dev/hdc of=myfile.iso
conv=noerror".  One disk it just kept printing "dd: reading
`/dev/hdc': Input/output error" and trying the same blocks over and
over again.  Another disk it read worked flawlessly.  I looked at the
first disk and didn't see any scratches.  It plays flawlessly on our
PS2.  Is there something about it's encoding or layout that makes it
different?