dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] cdread: Read-only file system

From: Andre Dalle
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] cdread: Read-only file system
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:24:16 -0500

I've never used cdread.  If you simply want to capture the image of
the disk, "dd" will do the job.

dd if=/dev/hdc of=image.iso

Note if there is a bad sector on the disk that can't be read dd will
stop at that point and you'll get an incomplete image.

If you just want to view the filesystem, mount the image and copy over
any files you need.

--
Andre Dalle
Harumph!