elyxer-users

Re: [eLyXer-users] eLyXer footer

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] eLyXer footer
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 08:09:18 +0200

Hi again,

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Jens Nöckel <address@hidden> wrote:
> of course I don't have any problem with a footer if it can be turned off, and
> this decision should be up to the person who does the actual work on eLyXer,
> which is you...

But I don't want to make decisions which may bother other users, if it
can be at all avoided. With a little effort we can usually accommodate
everyone.

> Apparently there are no other objecting voices - probably there will be no
> serious issue as long as the footer behavior can be consistently controlled
> by passing an option to eLyXer. And if the footer is an a <DIV> with a
> special ID (e.g., "eLyXer-timestamp-footer") then anyone could later turn it
> on and off with CSS in the final output (so there would be no need to re-run
> eLyXer if someone changes his mind about displaying the footer).

Just so you see what we are talking about, here is how the user guide
looks with the header:
  http://www.nongnu.org/elyxer/userguide.html
The first div.footer is the copyright, the second div.footer is the
"Document generated by" with id "generated-by-footer". As you can see
I incorporated your idea about a CSS id. Would this be fine then?

Alex.