elyxer-users

Re: [eLyXer-users] eLyXer footer

From: Rainer Dorsch
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] eLyXer footer
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 10:58:05 +0200

Am Tuesday 04 May 2010 04:21:03 schrieb Jack Desert:
> > Just so you see what we are talking about, here is how the user guide
> > looks with the header:
> >   http://www.nongnu.org/elyxer/userguide.html
> > The first div.footer is the copyright, the second div.footer is the
> > "Document generated by" with id "generated-by-footer". As you can see
> > I incorporated your idea about a CSS id. Would this be fine then?
>
> I think it's great to have an option for a "generated by" statement,
> because some people will want to show that off. But for other people it's a
> nuisance to have to put an extra flag in to maintain the minimalist beauty.
> Would you consider making the default be --footer-off?

I was experimenting with several LyX/LaTeX-> html converters some time ago.
The main issue to solve at the beginning was to get the document through the
converters (and reported a few bugs to eLyXer and others). In that process I
installed/deinstalled converters (Debian testing), I run reconfigure in LyX,
did manual setup updates in LyX,....

I certainly did not tweak the layout of the HTML in that process, that was a
second priority. At least once the HTML file was not generated by the tool I
expected (eLyXer in this case) and I reported an issue for eLyXer which was
in fact a tex4ht issue.

To help in that kind of usecase the default should be a footer which clearly
states that the document is generated from eLyXer.

Having said that, for me it is not an issue anymore. I am over that initial
phase and I have not problem to specify now whatever option makes sense for
me. I think it is up to Alex, because he has the load of missreported bugs to
carry.

Thanks,
Rainer

--