elyxer-users

Re: [eLyXer-users] eLyXer footer

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] eLyXer footer
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 09:02:22 +0200

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Jack Desert <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think it's great to have an option for a "generated by" statement, because
> some people will want to show that off. But for other people it's a nuisance
> to have to put an extra flag in to maintain the minimalist beauty. Would you
> consider making the default be --footer-off?

It is hard to strike a balance here: either it is on by default or it
is off by default. If it is on it may annoy some people, while if it
is off nobody will remember to activate it (especially those people
for which I need more: newbies) and it will not be useful.

Jens was happy having a special element id on this footer so that it
could be hidden trivially with a custom CSS. Isn't this good enough
for you?

A wild thing would be to keep the footer but hide it in the CSS
(display: none). This way the header will be there but only those who
know where to look will find it. But on the other hand it could be
considered a trojan footer: a little switch on the Savannah CSS would
make all those footers reappear, which would be quite impolite.

I would like to keep the footer on by default for a version, and see
if other people complain. For the next this can of course be reversed.

Alex.