Re: address@hidden: some other observations on pcomplete]

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: address@hidden: some other observations on pcomplete]
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:12:02 -0500

> I think someone is fixing the first of these problems,
> but the rest seem severe enough that I think we should
> revert the change and put Shell mode completion back the
> way it was.
>
> Could someone please make that change?

The three other points are all due to the choice of default behavior
(half-cycling).  Changing that default is trivial.
The use of pcomplete.el has several advantages, even if you make
it behave "almost as the old code", so I think it would be an error
to revert the change.
But I agree that the default should be changed to match the previous
non-cycling behavior (which is also the behavior used throughout Emacs).

        Stefan