Re: table.el 1.6.1

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: table.el 1.6.1
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:00:08 -0500

> I wasn't very happy about (set-buffer-modified-p (buffer-modified-p))
> idiom because it is not self descriptive at all.  I hope your change

subr.el has had

(defun force-mode-line-update (&optional all)
  "Force the mode line of the current buffer to be redisplayed.
With optional non-nil ALL, force redisplay of all mode lines."
  (if all (save-excursion (set-buffer (other-buffer))))
  (set-buffer-modified-p (buffer-modified-p)))

for a long time now.  It does the same, but the name is more descriptive.

        Stefan