Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 07:51:20 +0300 (IDT)

On 15 May 2002 address@hidden wrote:

> I'm visiting  ~/fsf/emacs/lwlib/xlwmenu.c
> On line 1625, there is a call to the function x_free_dpy_colors.
> I want find out where it is defined & used elsewhere.
>
> I place the cursor on the name of the function and enters M-x match
> (I've bound it to H-m).

Isn't this a job for ID-utils (which have an Emacs interface)?  Once
you've created the ID database by running mkid, the searches are
lightning-fast and very accurate (because mkid knows about tokens in
various programming languages including C).

Perhaps we should make the ID-utils interface part of Emacs, and expand
it to present a menu of possibilities.