Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 01:22:02 -0600 (MDT)

    So it's basically equivalent to

    (defun mini-menu (menu)
      (message (mapconcat #'cadr menu "  "))
      (call-interactively (or (nth 2 (assoc (read-char) menu))
                              (error "Unknown key"))))

    ?

    I'm not sure this warrants a whole separate package...  [does it do more?]

If it does more than the built-in keyboard-based menu handling, I
think we should extend or improve the built-in keyboard-based menu
handling rather than providing two alternative similar features.