Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs
Date: 21 May 2002 19:23:25 +0900

Mario Lang <address@hidden> writes:
> Please consider making this an option.
>
> My terminal supports faces (Linux console), but as a
> blind braille user, it is quite unpleasant to work
> with face information.  So an option would be nice here.
>
> To save space, I'd prefer:
>
>      Diff: v=vendor, h=head, b=backup, d=diff 2=other, e=idiff, E=imerge

Is there any reason we couldn't make it call out to lisp to do the
formatting?  Then it would be simple to make it work in any way the user
wants.  It doesn't seem like a speed/consing criticial piece of code...

-Miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia