Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs

From: Mario Lang
Subject: Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 18:49:48 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

>> What about if we delete the spaces around the ='s, as Mario Lang
>> suggested?
>
> I don't like it, since it makes it harder to quickly identify which is
> the key and which is the label.
I feel the exact opposite. Making the list longer takes
me longer to read it, and therefore harder to use.

I know my case is very special here, and I can't comment on visual
appearance.  It would be nice if I could choose the representation
I like the most.  So maybe the lisp-level formatter?

>>     Is there any reason we couldn't make it call out to lisp to do the
>>     formatting?
>>
>> It's ok with me if someone finds it easy to do.
>
> I'll look at it.

I'd be glad to use it.

--
CYa,