Re: comint-interrupt-subjob also kills pending input

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: comint-interrupt-subjob also kills pending input
Date: 17 Jun 2002 11:21:03 +0900

> However, perhaps it would be better to treat that text as a previous
> input.  It has never been sent to the shell, and should not be, but it
> could be treated as if it had been.
>
> Please try these two replacement functions.

I find that it's almost _always_ the case that when I interrupt a
process in shell-mode, and have pending input, that I want the input to
remain pending (so with the previous comint behavior, I'd almost always
immediately hit C-y).

With your change it becomes much more difficult to do that.

Instead of replacing `comint-kill-input' with `comint-skip-input', why
not just have nothing?  Then the input will remain pending; sometimes
people won't want that, but it's easy to remove with C-k or something
(and that would be a lot more obvious that the previous situation where
the input ended up in the kill-ring).

-Miles

--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that