Re: comint-interrupt-subjob also kills pending input

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: comint-interrupt-subjob also kills pending input
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 02:10:21 -0600 (MDT)

    I find that it's almost _always_ the case that when I interrupt a
    process in shell-mode, and have pending input, that I want the input to
    remain pending (so with the previous comint behavior, I'd almost always
    immediately hit C-y).

    With your change it becomes much more difficult to do that.

It is trivial -- M-p brings it back.

    Instead of replacing `comint-kill-input' with `comint-skip-input', why
    not just have nothing?

I don't like that.  C-c C-c in Emacs is supposed to be like C-c in
an ordinary terminal.  People could be painfully surprised if that
fails to discard the input.