Re: gratuitous changes

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: gratuitous changes
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 17:44:55 +0100

On 04 Feb 2003 08:09:46 -0800, Robert Anderson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hmm.  Didn't you just multiply by N times the problem Stefan was worried
> about?

Perhaps my ability to read English prose is failing me again; I thought
I was doing just what Richard asked for...

> Maybe if you provided the method that you used to get rid of the
> whitespace, people with checked out files can apply the script to their
> sandboxes to minimize the headaches this will cause when they try to
> update.

Script?

Basically, I edited every single file and did

 M-x delete-trailing-whitespace [ret]
 C-x C-s [ret]
 C-x k [ret]

with the caveats that I only edited meaningful files, and I took into
account the encoding (so I didn't end screwing files in
iso-2022 or whatever).

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u