Re: Idea for compilation mode

From: Stephan Stahl
Subject: Re: Idea for compilation mode
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:22:10 +0200

Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:

> > C-M-\ indent-region           => AltGr Right-Ctrl Alt \

I would need a third hand to do that one :-).

> And my point is that some of us just *use* a national keyboard, and
> we're able to make do, if sometimes in a very convoluted way
> (fortunately, most of these keys I don't use, and the ones I use I can
> rebind to Hyper-something, where Hyper is my left "window" key).
>
> So national keyboards is something that we must live with, and finding
> easier keybindings for some of those commands would be *good*.

It is a good point. Since i use a us style keyboard layout maybe some other
could bring up some ideas for new bindings?

It would also be nice if scustomizable key bindings were availible so emacs
could use custom-themes for national keyboards.

--
Stephan Stahl