Re: address@hidden: Re: compose key on SUN keyboard creates 2 characters

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: compose key on SUN keyboard creates 2 characters (and beeps)]
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:25:16 +0100

just for fun I removed the define for INHIBIT_X11R6_XIM line, but then emacs
crashed in XRegisterIMInstantiateCallback in xim_initialize.

Okay, thanks for testing it.

So coming back to the original patch I suggested, maybe we should add it,
but enclosed with e.g. "#ifndef HAVE_X11R6_XIM".

I'm still thinking about what should be the correct condition.  After
all, you may have XIM but elected to turn it off. Anyway, I've checked in
a fix.  Can you try it on Solaris?

Thanks,

        Jan D.