Re: Drag and drop patch for X, please review.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Drag and drop patch for X, please review.
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:31:13 -0500

    > Is there a way that Dired mode could make a local variable binding,
    > or a local key binding, so as to control this?

    I could add some more events or hooks at various points in the DND
    protocol, but most DND protocols behave differently, so we would
    probably get different behaviour when dropping with the XDND protocol
    and when dropping with the Motif protocol.

I am surprised you think it is difficult, because it looks
trivial to me.

+ (global-set-key [drag-n-drop] 'x-dnd-handle-drag-n-drop-event)

If Dired mode makes a local binding for drag-n-drop, won't that
do the job?