Re: deleting rcs keywords from emacs sources

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: deleting rcs keywords from emacs sources
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:56:19 -0500

    The problem with this approach is that the files would only be stamped
    when *I* send them out.  When somebody gets a file through a different
    channel, e.g. via Web-CVS, or because somebody else sends it to him, the
    file won't have an identification in it.

Is it a frequent occurrence for you that people report problems in
versions that of VC they got from CVS in this way, without updating
Emacs as a whole from CVS?  Very few of the bug reports that I see
seem to describe such cases.