Re: Emphasize the character to be typed next in *Completions*

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emphasize the character to be typed next in *Completions*
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:56:35 -0500

    In my .emacs for some modes where I don't want comments in
    font-lock-comment-face (for example).

I think that is something you would only need for font lock.  So it
would be unnecessary to have a variable to specify which font to use
for purposes other than font lock.

      I first used it in dired-mode where
    font-lock-FOO-face was misused for unrelated concepts.

Would you say there is still such a problem in Dired mode?
If so, what would you think of introducing new faces for Dired to use?