Re: Improved help from minibuffer prompts

From: Stefan Reichör
Subject: Re: Improved help from minibuffer prompts
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:15:45 +0200

Hi Richard!

> For this feature to be useful for beginners, just C-h or just F1 should
> invoke it straightaway.

Fine with me. (in fact: I use it that way in xtla.el at the moment)

> This feature could perhaps offer some way to get at the usual help commands.
> Perhaps the help buffer could start with this message:
>
>     Type SPC to get rid of this message and continue.
>     Type Help again to access the usual help commands.

You get the help in any minibuffer prompt. Sometimes you want to type
a SPC. I think it is usefull, if the help buffer is available during
entering a value in a minibuffer.
So I am not sure about the best way to get rid of the help
window. And if it is even necessary to get rid of it (you can always
switch to the window and kill it explicitly).

I think, that entering the usual help menu with f1 of C-h is fine.
The downside of this is, that you have to type C-h C-h k instead of
C-h k, etc.

--
  Stefan.