Re: Patch: new function process-file (call-process with file handlers)

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Patch: new function process-file (call-process with file handlers)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 14:30:09 -0500 (CDT)

>From my previous message:

   I would guess that process-file has to handle a nil value for INFILE
   in exactly the same way that call-process does:

   if (nargs >= 2 && ! NILP (args[1]))
       {
         infile = Fexpand_file_name (args[1], current_buffer->directory);
         CHECK_STRING (infile);
       }
     else
       infile = build_string (NULL_DEVICE);

   Does anybody know how one can do `build_string (NULL_DEVICE)' portably
   from Lisp?

I apparently misdiagnosed the problem.  I set infile to "/dev/null" on
GNU/Linux and it did not help.

Sincerely,

Luc.