Re: Face color changes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Face color changes
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 23:38:41 -0500

    > In `custom-set-faces' it loses all conditions from the face
    > definition except the current one.  This means that saved faces are
    > the same on different environments.

    I think this is by design.  To make it behave differently, we need
    first to design the desired result.  What would you like it to do,
    exactly? modify only the definition that corresponds to the current
    background mode, number of colors, display type, etc., and leave the
    other definitions intact?

That seems right to me.