Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:54:18 -0500

    I also get a long list with latin key characters that are bound to
    encoded-kbd-self-insert-ccl.
    That's rather annoying. If this needs to be listed (why?), it should
    come at the end.

I do not see that when I try it.  Can you figure out what causes
them to appear?

    As a novice user when trying out the describe-bindings function, I
    would see that there is a lot of uninteresting technical stuff at the
    beginning

Could you show me specifically what this "uninteresting technical stuff"
consists of?  I don't see anything that fits that description.
Since you have only told me your opinion of it, not what it is,
I cannot tell whether I am seeing the same stuff that you see.

    Couldn't there be a list of all groups in the beginning, with links
    going to the bindings belonging to the group?

What does "groups" mean?  Do you mean, a list of keymaps?

    Lastly, I was wondering if one could use a better name for the
    menu item.  "List Key Bindings" is of course perfectly correct
    from an Emacs terminology point of view.

We will stick with the term "key bindings", in general.
However, we could change C-h C-h to describe this as
"list of defined key sequences and what they do".
I think that requires a little less knowledge, to be understood.