Re: tumme directory

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: tumme directory
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:34:15 +1300

 > I have tried to understand what this convention is, and I don't like
 > to guess so I'd like to ask a simple yes/no question:
 >
 > Should tumme's default thumbnail directory be ~/.tumme if there is no
 > ~/.emacs.d and ~/.emacs.d/tumme, if it does? If yes, how do we let the
 > user configure this? Today, the configuration is as simple as this:
 >
 > (defcustom tumme-dir "~/.tumme/"
 >   "*Directory where thumbnail images for are stored."
 >   :type 'string
 >   :group 'tumme)
 >
 > How would it be changed?

I don't know what the convention is either, but I would borrow from thumbs.el:

(defcustom thumbs-thumbsdir "~/.emacs.d/thumbs"
  "*Directory to store thumbnails."
  :type 'directory
  :group 'thumbs)

(defun thumbs-thumbsdir ()
  "Return the current thumbnails directory (from `thumbs-thumbsdir').
Create the thumbnails directory if it does not exist."
  (let ((thumbs-thumbsdir (file-name-as-directory
                           (expand-file-name thumbs-thumbsdir))))
    (unless (file-directory-p thumbs-thumbsdir)
      (make-directory thumbs-thumbsdir t)
      (message "Creating thumbnails directory"))
    thumbs-thumbsdir))

etc...

Nick