Re: tumme directory

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: tumme directory
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 03:23:44 +0200

> I just commited the changed suggested by Nick. Now it works the same
> way thumbs.el does. It could easily be changed again though, but this
> seems to work nicely. I just moved my thumbnails to the new dir and it
> works well:
>
>  $ mkdir ~/.emacs.d/tumme
>  $ mv ~/.tumme/*.thumb.jpg ~/.emacs.d/tumme/

Do you have a TODO item for sharing thumbnails with other GNU programs?

I could send you command examples that produce impressive results.
The thumbnail PNG file sizes are much smaller than generated by other
programs, but still are readable by them.  For example, gqview has
noticeable delays while reading its own thumbnails generated earlier.
But when I regenerate them with a set of PNG optimizing utilities,
it reads them instantly.  And disk space saving is almost three-fold
which is significant with a large thumbnail collection.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/