Re: defcustom :version

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: defcustom :version
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:36:53 -0600 (CST)

Bill Wohler wrote:

   p.s. Shouldn't customize-changed-options-previous-release be 21.4, not
   21.1?

No, it is supposed to be the last _major_ release, which is 21.1.

   By the way, the prompt for customize-browse says "(default all
   versions)". I don't understand what that means. It tells me, Show all
   options that are different from any other version. But this is
   essentially *every* option. I think this prompt should read, (default
   last version).

Last major release, but this is long and the prompt is already long.
We could just make it (default 21.1), without hardcoding the 21.1,
using the following patch, which I can install if desired.

===File ~/cus-edit-diff=====================================
*** cus-edit.el 03 Mar 2006 11:17:02 -0600      1.287
--- cus-edit.el 14 Mar 2006 18:52:54 -0600
***************
*** 1092,1098 ****
  With argument SINCE-VERSION (a string), customize all settings
  that were added or redefined since that version."

!   (interactive "sCustomize options changed, since version (default all
versions): ")
    (if (equal since-version "")
        (setq since-version nil)
      (unless (condition-case nil
--- 1092,1102 ----
  With argument SINCE-VERSION (a string), customize all settings
  that were added or redefined since that version."

!   (interactive
!    (list
!     (read-from-minibuffer
!      (format "Customize options changed, since version (default %s): "