Re: defcustom :version

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: defcustom :version
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:49:38 -0800

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Here's an idea.  customize-changed could work like customize-browse,
> except that it would show only the groups that cover settings which
> have changed meanings.
>
> What do you think?

I like it, with one caveat.

As I browsed the output of customized-changed, a couple of variables
caught my eye that I would have missed if they were hidden in a tree
structure. However, that concern would be mitigated with an Expand All
button (with a corresponding Collapse All button).

By the way, the prompt for customize-browse says "(default all
versions)". I don't understand what that means. It tells me, Show all
options that are different from any other version. But this is
essentially *every* option. I think this prompt should read, (default
last version).

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD