Re: French quotes treated as parentheses

From: Sven Joachim
Subject: Re: French quotes treated as parentheses
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 08:08:10 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:

I think it would be better to set up a minor mode to switch to German
syntax, and connect this with a language environment.

That's pretty tough, given that the German speaking Swiss tend to use
a different direction from the Germans themselves.

Yes, and there is no special language environment for Swiss German ...
My vote goes to using punctuation syntax for these quotes.