RE: propose adding Icicles to Emacs

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: propose adding Icicles to Emacs
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:34:48 -0700

> > Entia non sunt multiplicanda.  Instead of inventing a dozen of new
> > representations of face samples, it would be better to use the format
> > familiar to users from using the command `list-faces-display':
>
> Yup, makes perfect sense,

In emacs -Q, there are 63 faces. In my emacs, when I bring it up, there are
280 faces. YMMV.

Adding a face swatch that is 53 characters wide to each completion candidate
means a lot of unnecessary clutter for *Completions*. It adds nothing for
the user in this context to repeat the alphabet twice, even if
`list-faces-display' is "familiar".

Entia non sunt multiplicanda, indeed.