Re: Adding ispell-multi.el and friends to Emacs

From: Agustin Martin
Subject: Re: Adding ispell-multi.el and friends to Emacs
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 01:33:23 +0200

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 02:47:15PM +0200, martin rudalics wrote:
> > But the underlying problem is the lack of full support for buffer
> > session-local words.
>
> The underlying problem is that you have to pass all words to the process
> before it can resume checking.  Currently, you have to save the
> session-local words within Emacs and pass them to the process whenever
> you change buffers or dictionaries.  In addition you have to re-parse
> the local words section to find all buffer-local words and pass them to
> the process too.  ispell-multi would help here because it makes restarts
> less frequent.

Sorry, as I wrote things might seem that I am reluctant about using
ispell-multi.el, while I am in favour of that because it is cleaner and because
the old mechanism comes from a time where opening parallel ispell processes
was not cheap.

But unless ispell-multi.el is made *the* way of handling things (something I
would like) if ispell.el can be used without ispell-multi.el it should also
handle session-localwords properly and standalone. I admit this is not a big
problem if ispell-multi is enabled by default, but even if ispell-multi is
integrated into ispell.el, at least for flyspell-large-region is still good
to have ispell.el and flyspell.el keelping a record of buffer
session-accepted words and handle them properly (f-l-a uses a completely
different ispell process).

--
Agustin