Re: Adding ispell-multi.el and friends to Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Adding ispell-multi.el and friends to Emacs
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 13:55:48 +0300

> From: Peter Heslin <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:53:14 +0100
>
> A corollary is that with ispell-multi, words accepted for the
> session are also accepted for the session in other buffers in the
> same language.  I would tend to regard that as a feature rather than
> a bug.

In some situations it could actually be a misfeature.  Imagine that I
tell flyspell to accept words that are special to some programming
language.  For example, in a Texinfo buffer, I might allow some
@-commands.  Another similar case is that some rare acronyms or
personal names turn up frequently in some text, so I want to allow
them in that one buffer.

So it sounds like this feature should be optional, although I don't
mind it being on by default.