Re: QUERY: w32 sub process implementation

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: QUERY: w32 sub process implementation
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:39:22 +0530

Hi,

On 8/21/07, Kim F. Storm <address@hidden> wrote:
> Otherwise, it should be possible to keep both the old and the new code
> (e.g. by making two sys_select_new and sys_select_old functions, and
> choose the right one at run-time.)

I am planning to just use function pointers (pfn_XXXX). I am sure it
an be handled easily. For now, I will just focus on getting the new
ASYNC implementation working on newer msw and consider porting at a
later point.
Shall I first hack the sys_select and getting rid of threads for sub
processes in the first go?
I will need help in understanding the handling of keyboard and mouse
events (not even sure if sys_select handles them or it is somewhere
else). I can handle all the typical file and IPC related IO but have
no clue regarding UI events.

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!