Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:39:58 -0400

On 9/10/07, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > Where is the code of Cocoa/GNUstep port?
>
> > It's available from http://emacs-app.sourceforge.net/.  The latest one
> > (9.0-rc1), which is downloadable from (*1), is a bit old (released in
> > last December), but the author said the next release was being
> > prepared (*2).
>
> > (*1) http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=148174
> > (*2)
> > http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=55f7df060708241239q118b13h692ff6c4cd5d778%40mail.gmail.com
>
> Adrian, is your change ready for committing to the Emacs CVS
> resitory?

I'm going to release rc2 today or tomorrow, which will complete the
update of the port to unicode-2.  Depending on reported issues, I
think it would soon be ready for committing, depending if people
decide to allow it.

BUT, I have not tried it with the new multi-tty changes that made it
into the branch a week or two ago.  I'll look at the effects of this
after the release.

Regarding the font backend question, FWIW, I have already deleted the
Cocoa port's old font handling code.  I also suspect the Carbon/AppKit
port could use most of what is in nsfont.m, changing out my uses of
CoreGraphics in draw() for existing Carbon code.

-Adrian