Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:43:23 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> Jason Rumney wrote:
> > Right click on the Windows desktop and select "Properties" (last menu
> > entry) from the popup menu. On the "Appearance" tab (3rd of 4 tabs),
> > click the "Effects..." button (top button in lower right corner). The
> > second option in the dialog that appears contains a tickbox to enable
> > antialiasing, and a dropdown selection for the method to use. I have
> > mine set to "Cleartype", I'm not sure if the problem also appears with
> > "Standard" anti-aliasing. Emacs may need to be restarted after changing
> > this setting.
> >

> I should have mentioned that the easiest way to see the problem is to
> open another window that is smaller than the Emacs frame, and drag it so
> it partially covers the frame, then drag it off again.

I confirmed that bug, and found that the problem is not
specific to Windows port.  As there were comments paying
attention to anti-aliased drawing in xdisp.c, I didn't
change code for handling overlapping when I committed
font-backend codes, but I just found that there is a
fundamental bug.  I'm now investigating how to fix it.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden