Re: Fly-spelling with multiple dictionaries

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Fly-spelling with multiple dictionaries
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 18:28:34 -0400

    > It is a very bad idea to link other appls such as Aspell into Emacs.
    > It would cause constant maintenance trouble.  So we definitely should
    > not do this.

    That's not what I suggested.  I was thinking of using documented and
    stable APIs for spell-checking.

What's the difference?  That looks like a different way of describing
the same thing.  It is a very bad idea.

The interface between Emacs and Aspell is very stable, but what is
really important is that these two programs are NOT linked together.