Re: face-remapping-alist client code

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: face-remapping-alist client code
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:09:36 +0200

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> The size calculations I'm using are the same as before -- a simple
> constant factor height scaling for each step -- and probably will
> occasionally miss a step on platforms with only non-scalable fonts and
> poor font size coverage.  With scalable fonts, however, this simple
> calculation works very well.

With Vera Sans Mono, and using a smaller scale step (1.07) I get all
point sizes from 13 to 24 except for 19 and 23. Goint down it hits
every size, of course, though some of them appear twice because in
some steps the scaling is not big enough to reduce the font. All in
all, is quite useful and simple. Thanks.

A couple of small nitpicks:

 - the variables `text-scale-mode-lighter',
`text-scale-mode-remapping', `text-scale-mode-amount' and
`variable-pitch-mode-remapping' would  make more sense as
automatically buffer local, as they are always buffer-local'ized when
used.

 - the lighter for variable-pitch-mode is a bit of redundant, isn't
it? Either the user has a variable-pitch face different from the
default one (and so he doesn't need the reminder in the modeline), or
the mode is not going to be useful anyway...

 Juanma