Re: face-remapping-alist client code

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: face-remapping-alist client code
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:39:07 +0200

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> I somehow got the impression that make-variable-buffer-local was frowned
> upon.  Dunno if it's true.

As David has said, it depends on whether the variable is going to have
a sensible default that can be often used without resorting to making
it buffer-local. But I think that's not the case here.

> I think the lighters are actually quite useful.  It's nice to have an
> explicit reminders of active modes as well as implicit (and sometimes
> subtle) ones.

Oh, I think we are on extreme opposites here. I tend to remove
lighters, or at the very least reduce them to the minimum possible
expression (one-char).

 Juanma