Re: face-remapping-alist client code

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: face-remapping-alist client code
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 00:22:40 +0900

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:
>  - the variables `text-scale-mode-lighter',
> `text-scale-mode-remapping', `text-scale-mode-amount' and
> `variable-pitch-mode-remapping' would  make more sense as
> automatically buffer local, as they are always buffer-local'ized when
> used.

I somehow got the impression that make-variable-buffer-local was frowned
upon.  Dunno if it's true.

>  - the lighter for variable-pitch-mode is a bit of redundant, isn't
> it? Either the user has a variable-pitch face different from the
> default one (and so he doesn't need the reminder in the modeline), or
> the mode is not going to be useful anyway...

I think the lighters are actually quite useful.  It's nice to have an
explicit reminders of active modes as well as implicit (and sometimes
subtle) ones.

-Miles

--
Idiot, n. A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human
affairs has always been dominant and controlling.