Re: Release plans

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 01:12:12 -0400

    Emacs (more precisely Gnus) was the first contact I made with free
    software. I started using it not because it was free, but because it was
    the most powerful newsreader I could find. Now I run a GNU/Linux based
    free environment on my home PC, on my PC at work and I installed Linux
    on the PCs of my mom (she never ever used proprietary software in her
    whole life!) and my wife.

I am glad that Emacs can have this effect.
Did you first run it on Windows?