Re: Release plans

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 13:38:35 +0200

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 03:33, Richard M. Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Well then, Emacs on Windows has in at least one case brought someone
> more or less all the way to freedom.  If this happens often, then it could
> amount to a good reason to have Emacs run on Windows.

You're setting a harsh standard for Emacs on Windows. Even GNU/Linux
fails to bring many people "all the way to freedom", because they
still use proprietary software (present in most distributions).

Of course the Windows port's impact is perhaps tiny, but, on the other
hand, is not like maintaining it is sapping the Emacs developers'
resource pool.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I read this thread as if you were thinking
of dropping Windows support on Emacs. I fail to see how that would
help freedom. It certainly wouldn't help mine.

  Juanma