Re: Release plans

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:20:19 -0400

    I am claiming that the influences which lead people to choose Windows
    are waning, with or without GNU.

The main such influence is various forms of social inertia, and that will wane
only to the extent that we win the war in this theater.

    The battle is shifting and GNU should seek -- another chess analogy --
    initiative on the new battleground.

Shifting is the wrong word, since the new theater does not replace the
old one.  I am thinking about the new one, and working on a proposal.