Re: redisplay system of emacs

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: redisplay system of emacs
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 13:19:27 +0100

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 03:48, Stephen J. Turnbull <address@hidden> wrote:

> Of course we *should* take an amoral stance in explaining "how things
> work".  It is madness to try to apply "should" to the facts.

Glad to hear someone say this. "ecosystem" is a description, or a
label, of a kind of process; what their participants think or want is
irrelevant *to the description*. Perhaps wolves have long
philosophical discussions among them about the need and ethics of
eating rabbits; that will affect *how* the ecosystem evolves, not
whether it *is* an ecosystem or not. Those that study the software
ecosystem can, and likely do, write long dissertations about the
effect of free software on the system, but surely not about the
labeling of the system per se.

    Juanma