RE: Bind `q' to `quit-window' or similar in *Messages*

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Bind `q' to `quit-window' or similar in *Messages*
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 07:48:31 -0800

> Cause *Messages* is not read-only, and maybe you want to insert a q
> there.  But does that anybody really want?  I guess no.  So I'd be in
> favor of making *Messages* read-only and bind `q' to `quit-window'
> there.

Absolutely I want that. I want to be able to write in *Messages*. Yes, I can
toggle read-only, but if `q' quits, then that defeats the purpose.

I sometimes find myself with tons of messages being logged, and when I make
several successive tests I sometimes type stuff in Messages to distinguish test
sequences etc. And I kill sections of text there, or copy text (including text
I've added) to other buffers, and so on.

What's wrong with `C-x 0' (or `C-x k')?

Please do not make *Messages* read-only. Likewise, *Pp Eval Output*.