Re: Mixed L2R and R2L paragraphs and horizontal scroll

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Mixed L2R and R2L paragraphs and horizontal scroll
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 10:07:05 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> > Emacs's way of re-flowing is by inserting newlines.
>>
>> Hmm, that used to be the case, but what about the `word-wrap' variable
>
> Right.  So I have one argument less, but the rest are still valid.
>
>> (etc)?
>
> What's that?

Oh, I was just referring to the ancillary stuff, like visual-line-mode.

>> That, incidentally, is another reason we need a "line-length" variable
>
> Why is that related?  AFAICS, word-wrap does not affect horizontal
> scrolling.

word-wrapping also needs a way for the user to specify a
less-than-window-width wrapping-point.

I dunno if the two notions of "line-length" can/should be conflated,
just tossing out the notion.

-Miles

--
Marriage, n. The state or condition of a community consisting of a master, a
mistress and two slaves, making in all, two.