Re: redisplay system of emacs

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: redisplay system of emacs
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 22:01:54 -0500

On Feb 22, 2010, at 7:45 PM, Giuseppe Scrivano wrote:

> I am a bit stuck now; would you mind to try emacs-mt and let us know
> what we are missing before think (hopefully) about a merge?  It is not
> well tested, and surely there are bugs waiting to be discovered.
>
> The git repository is accessible here (g-exp branch):
>
>  git://gitorious.org/emacs-mt/emacs-mt.git

It doesn't compile on my machine (Mac OS X 10.6):

gcc -c  -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I. -I/Users/dr/em23/src -Dtemacs     -g -O2
-Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign   -MMD -MF deps/dispnew.d
dispnew.c
In file included from lisp.h:3690,
                 from dispnew.c:31:
thread.h:128: error: thread-local storage not supported for this target
thread.h:142: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before
'global_lock'
make[1]: *** [dispnew.o] Error 1
make: *** [src] Error 2

See also: http://lists.apple.com/archives/xcode-users/2006/Jun/msg00551.html
http://lists.apple.com/archives/xcode-users/2007/jun/msg00120.html

That link suggests that the feature you're using is related to ELF and thus not
portable.

Thanks for your work on this - looking forward to seeing the results!