Re: Emacs-23 release branch

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs-23 release branch
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 23:53:55 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:23:46 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > Wouldn't it make more sense to push your local bidi branch as a branch
> > first?
>
> One of us is missing something:
>
> sftp://bzr.sv.gnu.org/srv/bzr/emacs/emacs-bidi has been around for
> a while now.

As David points out, that branch is effectively dead.  It is based on
an old and unstable development version of Emacs 22.1 (yes, 22.1!),
has a couple of grave bugs in the bidirectional code itself, and so is
not useful.

By contrast, the local branch where I develop bidi Emacs is based on
Emacs 23.1 and is merged with mainline once a week.