Re: bidi branch

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: bidi branch
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 13:16:42 -0500

EZ> As I explained elsewhere, the bidi code is inactive unless the user
EZ> customizes a per-buffer variable.

Yes, I read that and had it in mind when replying.

EZ> So the reasons for not merging into the trunk are not for fear of
EZ> totally breaking Emacs, and will also delay publishing as a public
EZ> branch.

I was, as I hoped you'd notice, trying to give you a reason to publish
early and often, rather than waiting ...

EZ> Unless someone objects strenuously, I intend to merge all the
EZ> current history I have on my local branch, without any rebasing
EZ> or similar tricks that futz with the history.

Which is exactly what I was hoping to get to see.

EZ> I'm still unclear why it makes more sense to have a public branch
EZ> than to merge with the trunk.

Just to get it out there before the merge.

I we cannot convince you to let us see it and test it out now, I
suppose there is no reason. :(

And to be clear, I am not complaining about your choice to keep it
close, just failing to persuade otherwise. :)

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6