Re: bidi-display-reordering is now non-nil by default

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: bidi-display-reordering is now non-nil by default
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 10:10:30 -0400

> Does someone know how other programming IDEs treat R2L text in
> comments in strings?

Indeed, I think we first need to be more clear about the problem with
which we're concerned.
AFAIK there are a few different cases:
- R2L in comments, strings, and doc.
- R2L in identifiers.
If we manage to mark comment/string/doc delimiters as
bidi-field-delimiters, then the first problem is solved.
But the second is still open: I wouldn't want

  (foo ARGA ARGB)

to be displayed as

  (foo (BGRA AGRA

        Stefan